setting your day up for success
I’m sharing #Always in my life as part of an Always sponsored series for Socialstars™ #ad
Either you run the day, or the day runs you. How would you like your day to go? In charge, of course, even if it means rewriting the rules! Set yourself up for success every day by starting your morning out right. Setting your mind and body up for a successful day is quite simple, here are a few tips:
- wake up refreshed. A productive day begins with a restful night before. When you have a big day coming up, wind down early. Have some calming herbal tea, take a relaxing nighttime bath and slip into bed an hour early. A peaceful night sleep will give you the best foot forward in the morning and, hopefully, an early start.
- exercise your mind and body. The morning hours are for getting your body and mind in the game – ready to tackle the day’s challenges. You don’t need a full workout session (unless that is your normal routine). When your eyes open, pull off the covers and stretch your sleepy muscles. Yoga is the perfect morning exercise, but anything will do. Don’t forget to wake up your brain as well – try reading a few pages of a book or the newspaper, play a quick game of cards or Sudoku. The sooner your brain is out of sleep mode, the sooner you can be productive.
- be grateful. Every morning, I like to spend some time feeling thankful for the wonderful blessings in my life – my family, my health, my career opportunities, my home, the beautiful world and every little thing that makes me happy. Starting off the day feeling grateful sets you up for a positive mental attitude. This step is important before the next step:
- make a list. Mental or pen to paper, the morning is a good time to figure out what you need to handle/work on/change that day. Reflect back on the past week or month – what could you change in your life to be happier? What rules can you rewrite? How can this day be better than the last?
- energize naturally. Now that you know what you need to do for the day, it’s time to energize! Skip those chemical energy drinks and opt for healthy, natural options like: a balanced breakfast, fresh pressed juices, tea/coffee or my favorite – kombucha. I am absolutely obsessed with the clean energy kombucha gives me (a little bit of caffeine, lots of probiotics and B vitamins).
- flood your home with light. Another natural energizer is the sun. Open the blinds and let in the sunshine! Head outside and tilt your face to the sun; breathe in deep. Sunshine is a natural mood-lifter so get a dose right away.
- start with a passion. This is a rule I’ve always had for myself. In the morning, do something that makes you happy. Read more of your current book, write in your journal, take a walk outside, play with your kids – whatever your passion is, set aside at least 20-30 minutes to enjoy it first thing. Filling your soul with happiness will give you a better outlook for the day.
- take a long bath. I know, we don’t all have time for a long bath or even quick shower in the morning. Do what you can, though, to make yourself feel clean and refreshed. For me , a quick facial scrub can make all of the difference. Clean body, clean mind – ready to get to work!
What rules have you rewritten in your life? Maybe it is leaving a high pressure job to work from home – or maybe leave your job completely to spend time being a mother. What boundaries are set for you by others – could you break through them to be a more authentic and happy you?
This post was inspired by a new campaign with Always telling women to #RewriteTheRules. Always is rewriting the rules of feminine hygiene with the world’s first pad made from SmartFoam™/FlexFoam™ – Always Infinity. FlexFoam™ absorbs 10x its weight, yet feels like nothing – totally revolutionary! The pad features microholes that draw fluid into a bottom layer, keeping you dry and comfortable. This is the type of protection we all have been waiting for from a pad. The FlexFoam also molds to your body so you barely feel it, no matter what you are doing – working out, running errands, laying down, anything!