Chipotle Sliders with Jalapeno Relish
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Even though my team won’t be progressing far, definitely not to the big game, I’m still super pumped about entertaining through the rest of the football season! When we have people over, I try to go all out with my menu. There isn’t anything much more fun than cooking for friends and family. Sliders and synonymous with football parties, so for this past home-gating party, I whipped up some spicy, delicious, bright Chipotle Sliders with a Jalapeno Relish!
But first, a sweepstakes! #VivaLaMorenaSweepstakes (NFL Playoffs)
I keep my sliders pretty simple, only adding some seasoning to the meat usually. This time, I decided to try adding LA MORENA® Chipotle Sauce to the meat and they were stellar! You don’t need a whole lot of the sauce to get big flavors. If you’re really feeling the chipotle, you could also add LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in as well, just chopped them up a bit first. Top with American cheese, sandwich between a toasty bun and you’re good to go… except this time, I wanted to punch up the heat and add a bright, fresh flavor.
Making Jalapeno Relish is pretty simple, just need to first decide how hot you want it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s going to be spicy no matter what, but you can reduce the heat by one, removing and discarding the seeds and two, cooking the jalapenos a bit. I use a mixture of fresh and pickled jalapenos, which give the relish more depth of flavor. To that, I add minced garlic and a diced onion. These are both actually optional, so feel free to omit them. And, if I have them on hand, I’ll add additional fresh peppers (I had sweet baby banana peppers).
The relish really only needs to be heated through to bring it together. You don’t need to cook it as you’ll be putting it all in a pickling liquid. I rarely play by the rules though and wanted to drop the heat a little, so I cooked it all, but only for a few minutes. This also takes some of the bite away from the raw onion and garlic.
Once your relish has come together in the boiling pickling liquid (about 4 min), you can take it off to cool down. I let the relish come to room temperature before I store it in the fridge or use it right then for my sliders. Once it is cool, I add fresh chopped cilantro for a little extra brightness.
These sliders are perfect for game day entertaining, but the relish can go much further beyond game day. Pack them in canning jars and hand out as gifts to friends who love a kick. This condiment can be used on other things to – anything you would put relish on like hot dogs or in a spicy chicken salad. It is extremely versatile!
LA MORENA® has been providing US consumers with the highest quality chilis, peppers and other popular Latin flavors for over 35 years. They are a brand we’ve grown to trust in my house when we want that authentic taste of Mexico! Find the products at Walmart or your local Hispanic Foods Retailers like Cardenas, my favorite spot to find everything delicious!
Chipotle Sliders with Jalapeno Relish6
- 1 lb ground meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 oz can LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Sauce, to taste
- 6 slices American Cheese
- 6 toasted slider buns
- 28 oz can LA MORENA® Whole Jalapenos, drained and diced
- 6-8 fresh jalapenos, deseeded and diced finely
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- additional peppers of choice (I used 3 sweet baby banana peppers)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tbl salt
- cilantro **for finishing
- Over medium heat, bring water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil. Reduce heat and all remaining ingredients, except the cilantro. Over medium low heat, cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes to bring it all together. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature. Add chopped cilantro. Use immediately as a condiment or places in lidded jars in the fridge for later use.
- WASH YOUR HANDS and then wash them again! Do not touch your eyes or nose for the rest of the day (or wear gloves during prep).
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, seasonings to taste and LA MORENA® Chipotle Sauce/Peppers, to taste. I used about half the container. Form into 6 small slider patties. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Cook each patty for 2-3 min on each side. While cooking, have the buns heating in the oven. Top finished patties with one slice of cheese, allowing to melt.
- Assembly time! Bun, burger/cheese, a dollop of jalapeno relish, bun and done!