It is going to be one refreshing summer here in the desert thanks to the DIY Iced Tea Kit assembled by Mighty Leaf Tea. Skip wondering how many bags you need and how long to steep… Might Leaf Tea has big bags to make big pitchers, providing you a luxurious artisan tea experience at home or on the go. They are wonderful for summer entertaining as well!
Mighty Leaf Tea sent me a full DIY Iced Tea kit so I could easily brew and enjoy their artisan teas. The teas consist of hand-picked whole leaves, blossoms, herbs, fruits and spices. Each silken bag is so aromatic and quite beautiful with all of its components. They are complex and masterful, the polar opposite of the one-note teas you may be used to. The hand-stitched tea pouches are perfectly portioned for a flawless iced tea every time.
The four natural flavors are:
- Organic Black Iced Tea: Hand-picked on the dewy slopes of the Nilgiri moutains, the South Indian organic black tea leaves unleash a refreshingly rich and smooth iced tea with a dark amber hue.
- Sunburst Green Iced Tea: A cool and vibrant fresh brewed iced tea that begins with mountain-grown Chinese green tea leaves. Sun ripened oranges and sweet citrus brighten this artisan blend. The lowest in caffeine among the four flavors.
- Ginger Peach Iced Tea: A blissful and lightly sweet fresh-brewed iced tea, the Indian black leaf tea is infused with sun-swelled peaches and delicate ginger.
- Mango Iced Tea: A sweet and cooling fresh-brewed iced tea with an indulging blend of luscious mango and tropical fruit that drench South Indian black tea leaves.
Mighty Leaf couldn’t have made this iced tea process any easier. One giant tea bag is all you need to brew a 1/2 gallon (64 oz) of iced tea. Simply add the bag to 4 cups of boiling water, brew according to the time on the bag, and then add enough ice to fill the half gallon pitcher.
I always like to add coordinating fresh juice to my iced tea. For example, the Sunburst Green Iced Tea, I added a bit of fresh orange juice — so great!
The Takeya Iced Tea Pitcher has a Japanese inspired design that is very user-friendly. It is stain, cloud and odor proof with an airtight lid. The simple and sleek design fits well in the fridge and dishwasher — yes, dishwasher safe! This is a great size because it can either last you a few days in the fridge or provide beverages for a afternoon with the ladies.
Of course you are going to want these delicious teas on-the-go, which is where the gorgeous Takeya Glass Water Bottle comes in. Wrapped in colorful silicone sleeves, these recycled glass bottles are so nice. The airtight wide mouth tops off the perfect drinking vessel. Eco-friendly, pleasant design and high-functioning, this is my new favorite water bottle!
Brewing Tips from Mighty Leaf Tea:
- Always prepare iced tea with filtered or bottled water — avoid tap, distilled or mineral water.
- Avoid over-boiling water as it produces flat-tasting tea.
- Make sure the tea bag is full immersed and move it back and forth a few times to maximize water flow through the bag.
- Steep 4-5 min. Over-steeping will result in bitter-tasting tea.
- Store tea in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Ginger Peach Iced Tea at sunset by the pool
I imagine you are feeling quite thirsty at this point so enter below to win your own DIY Iced Tea Kit featuring: Mighty Leaf Iced Teas, Flash Iced Tea Brewer and glass water bottle. Approx. $60 value.
Products were provided by Mighty Leaf to facilitate this review; all opinions are 100% my own.