It’s hot out where we live right now and that only makes my daughter want to be out there all the time. One of her favorite things to do, other than swimming in the pool, is drawing with chalk. I’m always looking for ways to keep it interesting and fun. I absolutely adore this idea from Infarrantly Creative. They made Liquid Chalk in a spray bottle! Who would want to try this?? Plus your kids will have clean hands since they aren’t touching the chalk. To see more photos of the spray in action, click here.
- 1 tsp washable tempera paint
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- squirt of dishwashing liquid
- Squirt bottle
1. Add cornstarch to one cup of hot water whisking to mix so that there are no clumps.
2. Add one teaspoon of washable tempura paint and a quirt of dishwashing liquid. Mix well.
3. Pour it into your squirt bottles and shake well.
They recommend spraying your driveway down after the kids are done to avoid any staining. Also, if your spray sits a while, it will separate. Just shake it up really well before you use it and you’re good to go!